One of the most important things for any Webmaster, who has an online business, is the online traffic. The best way to increase this traffic so longed for by many, is through SEO.
We could define it as a set of SEO techniques that we must carry out around our website in order to achieve 1st page visibility in the different search engines.
Although I like to define the positioning in search engines as follows:
“THE ART OF BEING VISIBLE IN THE FIRST RESULTS OF THE DIFFERENT SEARCH ENGINES”
Now with many changes in Google’s algorithms periodically, web positioning has become an art.
To make it easier for you to understand this term, and now that you know “the one”, here I explain “the how”. I have created a short list of the 22 most important Search Engine Optimization Keys to making a good web positioning to your Site.
“There are many techniques, tricks and factors within the world of SEO. In this article, I explain what I consider to be most essential and important.”
Choose the Right Keywords – One of the most important things when increasing visits or traffic to your project is the correct choice of keywords. A common mistake is to create sections, write articles and create pages that are oriented to your interests, without taking into account the interests of your target audience, who are really the ones that will increase your traffic.
“STOP WRITING WHAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AND WRITE WHAT IS INTERESTING TO YOU”
To make a right selection of these keywords you must help of the following tools:
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner: Google Keyword Planner allows you to get accurate data based on the searches. The most interesting functions offered by this program are the exact search data (number of people searching for a keyword), geographic and language segmentation and ideas suggestion. This last feature is very interesting since it will give you ideas of other keywords that users are looking for and are related to the ones you are looking for.
- SEMrush tool: Do you have no ideas? Do you want to know which site gets more traffic to your competition? SEMrush can help you, which sites get the most traffic and so you can identify new keywords to add to your website.
- Ubersuggest: A tool that suggests different words Keyword from the keyword that you enter. Very useful if you want to expand ideas. It suggests dozens of keywords you are looking for.
- Merge Words: This is a tool that will help you generate Keywords. It works as a mixer that at the same time allows us to segment several words within a single keyword in order to offer all possibilities.
- Google Trends: Well known by all. This Tool helps you to analyze Google Search trends and define better Search Engine positioning strategy.
Prepare your Website for SEO Positioning – Now you have to get your keyword analysis to your site. For this you must be clear about priorities, which are the important keywords in your business and which brings you more qualified traffic.
- SEO Friendly URLs: Urls should contain keywords to position. If you use WordPress, you can configure your URL structure from the Settings >> Permanent Links section.
- Title and Description Tags: Two important tags that you must fill out are the Title and Description tags that you can find inside the <head> of each of your pages. In Google search results; each results consists of a title, description and URL. Precisely these 2 labels that I have just put are the ones that the searcher reads and collects to show in their results. If you use WordPress you can use the SEO Plugin by Yoast for this and other advanced functions.
- Generate your XML Sitemap and submit to Google: You must generate a Sitemap to easily communicate to the search engines that pages of your web can be traced. XML file that lists the URLs of your website with parameters of additional information for search engines like importance of each page, frequency of update, etc. If you use WordPress, a Plugin that works great for this is Google XML Sitemaps.
- Duplicate Content: You have to take care of your Site and check for duplicate content. An easy way to check this is with the tools of Copyscape, Duplichecker, Small SEO Tools, etc…, which help you to identify this type of content.
- Implement the hreflang tag: If your website addresses different audiences in different languages, you must add this tag to help Google offer the correct language to the correct user.
Study your Content Strategy – Your content strategy should be user oriented, but you cannot skip search engines.
- Length of your articles: You must produce unique and original articles and the number of your words must be at least 300 words.
- Logical Structure: Your articles should have a logical structure. For this you must enter the different HTML tags like H1, H2, H3, etc.
- Internal Links: We must establish a strategy of internal links, not only to make search engine crawlers easy to find our different pages, but also to transfer relevance from one to another.
- Write Quality Content: A very frequent question is what the quality contents are? You must be able to write content that generates interest and that serves something. This content should serve the user something.
- Take care of the page titles: Include the keyword you want to position, but, at the same time, title must be shocking and attract or invite users to read the full content.
“GOOD CONTENT IS WHAT A USER IS MARKED AS A FAVORITE”
Take care of the loading time of your Web (WPO) – Within any SEO strategy, factors that increase the loading time of a Site must be taken into account. Here we are going to give some tips to reduce the website load time.
- Website Load Speed measure: Once load time has been analyzed, you will have to take the measures that you comment on the following points. You can measure your load time with the Google Page Speed Tool.
- Server Requests: It is convenient to make as few requests as possible to your Server. It is recommended to have 20 to 30 requests; if you go from these figures you must take action. To measure this tool that works quite well is GTMetrix.
- Compress your images: Images also play an important role. Start by using the correct format (png, gif, jpeg), continue indicating the dimensions of the image in HTML and ends up reducing as much as possible the weight of your image. With Image Optimization tools you can do it easily and online.
Develop a Link Building strategy for better search engine positioning – To have a total presence in search engines, you must develop an appropriate link strategy. Analyze your competition, find out their best links and try to get them too, but do not stay there, if you want to overcome your competition you must do something more than them.
- Analyze your competition: You should analyze your competition, websites that are well positioned and review your links profile. Once you discover these links, it detects which are the best and most suitable links. You can help with tools like Ahrefs or SEOProfiler.
- Do not make mistakes that can lead to a penalty: Avoid common mistakes like link exchange, mass comments on Blogs, links on totally different theme sites, get lots of hit links, etc.
- Use Guest posting technique, but with caution: One of the most important techniques is to write articles as a guest in order to get a quality backlinks.
So far the 22 SEO Keys essential to have a successful SEO position and be among the first results of Google.
What other SEO methods do you use for search engine rankings?